In this DIY, I'm teaching you how to make a desk organizer from recycled cereal boxes & cardboard tubes :)
These desk organizers are incredibly cute and creative! All you need is some old boxes, cardboard and glue!
Let's have some fun! ;)
Step 1: Gather Your Tools and Supplies
Step 2: Create the Base
I have picked a Old El Paso kit Box to serve as base and I removed the lid.
Step 3: Decorating the Base
- Choose your design paper and sign where it need to be fold.
- Fold the paper along the marked lines.
- Using PVA glue stick it on the box.
Step 4: Preparing the First Compartment
- Take the biggest box and sign at 6" high.
- Using a scissor or a cutter cut along the lines.
Step 5: Decorating the Box
- Cover the inside and outside of the box using glue and colored paper.
- For a prettier effect cover the corners with washi tape.
Step 6: Stick It on the Base
Put glue on the bottom of the box and stick it on the base.
Step 7: Repeat the Process
Make sure you do each row smaller than the previous one.
Step 8: Decorating the Organizer
Decorate the organizer using paper butterflies, flower, gem stones and buttons.
Step 9: Video Tutorial (for a Better Understanding of the Project)
For some people it's easier to watch a video than following step by step photos.
So if you are one of them I hope that this video will help you !
Step 10: That's It!
Now you know you can do cute stuff from cereal boxes :D Next time, don't trow them :)
Write me your comments about this project and if it helped you in any way please vote for me in the Trash to Treasure contest!
Thank you :)
Step 11: More Projects!
If you like recycled crafts and would like to learn how I did this mini notebook check out my Instructable HERE