Introduction: DIY Dog Dry Shampoo
Everybody loves animals well, almost all do. Being a pet owner can be a complete package of fun, love, care and responsibility. Nothing can beat a cozy hug with your pet, or just those cute little things animals do.
It is important to take care of these wonderful beings just like we take care of ourselves, but some pet products are so pricey and your pet may be allergic to the chemicals present in these products.
Hence lets the better option is to make them yourself. Today I'll be making Dry shampoo for dogs because I avoid bathing my dog often during the winters, but this costs her coat to become oily and stinky, so I just dust some dry shampoo on her coat.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Need
- Baking Soda
- Corn starch
- Container with lid
- Essential Oil (which is safe to use on your pet)
- And thats all that you need!
Step 2: Combining
- Combine baking soda and cornflour of the ratio 1:1.
- Run it through a sieve to obtain thorough mixing.
- Baking soda acts as a good odor absorbent, and it also absorbs excess oil from your pet's coat.
Step 3: The Container
- After combining the dry contents, now its time to add the essential oil.
- I'm using lavender oil as its mild to pet's and leaves a pleasant fragrance on your pets coat. Mix the oil well into the dry mix.
- Transfer the dry shampoo into a container, make some holes on the container lid for easy application.
Now you can use on your pet whenever needed.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017