Are you a doll-addicted person? If yes, grab your tools and make them some tiny leather bags. They're super cute
I have a lot of friends who are already adults, but still love dolls. Sometimes I have to envy with their doll collections. They make lots of beautiful clothes for their "plastic babies" but me, I like to make cute tiny accessories for them like bags, purses, clutches...
So today, I'd like to share my process of making a tiny messenger bag for a doll
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Supplies
What you need
1. Leather (small extra pieces left after a bag was made)
2. Poly hammer
3. Composite plastic punch board
4. A ruler
5. 2-sided adhesive tape
6. Rotary cutter
8.Double and single round punches (0.8mm)
9. Rivet and button punches/ rivet board
10. Star shaped punches (optional)
11. Compass used for leather craft
13. Seat awl
14. Wax thread (0.45 - 0.8mm) 1
5. 5 sets of small rivet (size 5mm) and 1 set of 4-detail-button
Step 2: Cut the Leather
Because our bag is too small, so I did not make the pattern for it. We will need to cut the leather as below:
- 2 pieces with dimensions 4 x 5 (centimeter). These are the main front and back pieces
- 1 piece with dimensions 1.5 x 12.5 (cm). This is the bottom and 2 sides
- 1 piece with dimensions 4 x 7 (cm). This is the lid
- 1 strap of 0.6 x 25 (cm)
For the tips to use cutting mat and rotary cutter, you can see it clearer in the video in the next step
Step 3: How to Make
The video tutorial is quite clear. But I want to mention the tips to make it easier for you to proceed. That is: you should fix all necessary rivets and button before sewing all the parts together because our product is too small to put the tool in if it was completely stitched.
Once again, you should follow the ONE AND ONLY RULE when sewing to have the stitches even.
If you have any question, please feel free to leave a comment or inbox me.
Thanks for sticking with me so far. Wish you all a happy making weekend!