I always dreamed of having a Multi-Monitor Setup. I was not able to afford one. After some savings I bought two monitors. It's kindof messy when you place them on the table. I don't want them to be wall mounted also. Monitors Mounts( with added features like two axis movement ) are as costlier as Monitors in the country where I live. Basic models are not available. Hence I thought I should make one on my own. I didn't expect it to look nice. I used some off the shelf parts, two VESA monitor mount which I bought from ebay for 460 INR ($8 approx) and a little help from my Dad :) This was not intended to be a tutorial or step by step make. I just explained how I made mine.
Before that! If you think my make is some kindof good. Do vote for me. Click on the top right "Vote" Tab :P
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Stuff That I Used
- One Old Steel Frame ( I am not sure you will get this thing anywhere, I got this one from a old machine)Wooden Plank
- Two 100X100 VESA mount ( Since I have dual monitors )
- Black Paint
- Few Screws and Clamp
Things That i Bought:
- Two VESA Mounts for 460 INR
Step 2: Fixing Wooden Plank
Attach the Clamp to the Metal Frame with a Single Pipe bracket. Just to make sure the stability.
Step 3: VESA + Monitor <3
- Mount the VESA Mounts to the monitor with screws given. Make sure you tighten the screw :P
- Fix the VESA holder to the wooden Plank. Mark it accordingly so that you will have a optimal view on both monitor.
Step 4: Paint Them As You Like
Paint them with the colour you want. Attach the monitor and have some Cool Dual Screen Wallpaper for your Dual Monitor Setup
Step 5: Masterpiece
Treat Yourself :)