In rural part of south India eyeliner is traditionally made at home. The homemade eyeliner is free of toxic elements and it also acts as a coolant for the eyes. Follow these easy steps to make your own Eyeliner :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Will Need
- Coconut Oil/ Ghee
- A metal Plate
- Carom seeds/ Camphor
- A small container (For storing the eyeliner)
- Narrow Brush
- Distilled water
- Two tall glass or anything for supporting the plate.
Step 2: To Make the Dry Eyeliner
- Take cotton and place some carom seeds or camphor in it. Make a thick wick out of it.
- Fill the lamp with oil or ghee. Carefully place the wick inside the lamp.
- With the help of a matchbox, lit the lamp.
- Now, with the support of two glasses place the metal plate on the top of lamp as shown in the picture.
- Wait till the wick burns completely and the metal plate gets covered in soot.
- Let the plate cool down.
- Using a spoon scrape out the soot and store it in an empty container.
Step 3: To Make the Liquid Eyeliner
- Take a small amount of soot on a clean utensil.
- Add few drops of distilled water to it.
- Mix well and make a paste.
- Your eyeliner is ready!
- Use a narrow brush to apply the eyeliner.
Step 4: Flaunt Your Dramatic Eyes! :D
Try and don't forget to share your experience :)