- 3mm Acrylic Sheet
- 3W Water Pump (200L/Hour)
- Waterproof LED
- 12 Volt LED Adopter
- 3/4 inch Pipe
- Masking Tape
- Push Terminal
- Electric Wire
- Silicone Sealant
- Super Glue
- Hot Glue
- Epoxy Resin
- Soldering Iron
- X-Acto Knife
- Plastic Plant
- Spray Colour
- Paper Sticker
Step 1: Squaring Up the Acrylic Sheet
So Let's start...
We need 4 pieces of 3mm Acrylic Sheets of 18-inch height and 4-inch width. And 6 small pieces of 1/2-inch height and 3-inch width for the bracing.
- Place the 4 (18-inch) pieces side by side and stick the masking tape at both ends, and then slowly turn the pieces.
- Attach the 4 small acrylic pieces with super glue on top of every 18-inch acrylic pieces.
- Another 2 small acrylic pieces at the bottom of 2nd and 4th 18-inch acrylic pieces.
- Then fold the 18-inch acrylic sheets and stick them with the masking tape.
Watch the full video on YouTube:
Step 2: The Piping
Now we need an acrylic sheet of 3-inch height and 3.8-inch width. (Sheet 1)
- Make a hole at one corner of the acrylic sheet with a drill to attach the water pump with it.
- Take a 3/4 inch pipe and make a small cut with a scissor and insert an electric wire through the pipe, then seal the cut with Araldite Epoxy Resin, and let it dry for at least 1 hour.
- Put Silicon Sealant inside of the long square acrylic sheets at one corner and place the pipe with the electric wire onto it, and let it dry for at least 2-3 hours.
Step 3: Preparation for the Waterfall
Now we need an acrylic sheet of 3.8-inch height and 3.8-inch width (Sheet 2) with a notch at one corner of the sheet, so the pipe passes through.
- Attach the sheet with Silicon Sealant on the 4 small acrylic sheets which were placed in the body of long square acrylic sheets on top.
- Then, with a soldering iron make few small holes on the sheet, to form rainwater drops.
Step 4: Electric Connection
Now we need an acrylic sheet of 4-inch height and 4-inch width (Sheet 3).
- Take a blue waterproof LED strip, cut the LED into 4 small pieces.
- Take 2 LED pieces, make a parallel connection, and attach them on the acrylic sheet 3.
- Turn the sheet and spray with a silver colour. (optional)
- Take a Push Terminal and make a connection with the LEDs and the electric wire.
- Attach the sheet 3 with Silicon Sealant on top of 18-inch long square acrylic sheets and let it dry for 2-3 hours.
Step 5: Water Pump Connection
Now take the acrylic sheet of 3-inch height and 3.8-inch width. (Sheet 1)
- Attach the Water Pump with hot glue on the sheet 1.
- Put a plastic plant inside the18-inch long square acrylic sheets.
- Then attach the sheet 1 with super glue on the 2 small acrylic sheets which were placed in the body of long square acrylic sheets at the bottom.
- Take 2 LED pieces, make a parallel connection and attach them on sheet 1.
- Connect the LEDs with the pump and electric wire together and connect them with a Push Terminal.
- Then take a 12 Volt LED Adopter and connect it with the same Push Terminal.
Step 6: Final Setup
- Now take a Paper Sticker and cover the masking tape area.
- Then take a bucket for water container and spray with a silver colour (optional)
- Cut the lid of the bucket and place the long acrylic sheets on the bucket.
- Fill the bucket with water.
- Then finally plug in the wire connected with the 12 Volt LED Adopter and switch it on.
Watch the full video on YouTube: