Key holders are very important for the homes. This is because we all have a tendency of keeping keys here and there and not finding them at the right time. Therefore, mostly all the houses have a key holder.
However, have you ever thought of making a key holder at home itself? No, well then we bring to you a unique handmade key holder design for the walls. This serves dual purpose of holding the keys as well as a perfect wall decor.
Step 1: Things Needed
- Fevibond (glue)
- Tissue paper
- Acrylic paint
- Screw hooks
- Hanging clips
- Artificial birds and grass
Step 2: Let's Cut the Cardboard!
- Let’s take old cardboard pieces as shown.
- Here we have used 8*6 cm dimension cardboard for our craft.
Step 3: Paste the Cardboard Pieces!
- Take another piece of cardboard and cut out different patterns from it.
- Use glue to paste the cardboard pieces together to form the desired structure.
Step 4: Let's Cut Small Strips of Cardboard Pieces!
- Now cut out small strips of cardboard pieces and further cut them into small pieces. Paste these pieces on the structure to give it a brick like appearance.
Step 5: Let's Apply Adhesive!
- Take adhesive and add some water to it to form a glue solution. Apply the solution all over the craft.
Step 6: Let's Paste the Tissue Paper!
- Now take tissue paper and paste it on the surface of the structure. Let it dry.
Step 7: Let's Make Roof of the House!
- Take a rectangular piece of cardboard and use it to make the roof of the house. Now the whole structure looks like a house.
Step 8: Let's Color the Craft!
- Use different acrylic colours to paint the house and let it dry completely.
Step 9: Let's Fix the Screw Hooks!
- Take the screw hooks and fix it at the bottom of the craft which serves as the holder for the keys. Similarly fix the hanging clip at the backside of the craft.
Step 10: Let's Decorate the Craft!
- Now decorate the craft with artificial grass and birds to give it a complete look.
- Wow!! Your beautiful key holder is now ready.
Step 11: Conclusion
This is a very beautiful key holder which looks really unique. It can be easily clamped to the walls. Also, you can fix it on any of the walls as it can serve as a great wall decor item too. This home key holder will definitely seek the attention of the visitors to your house and you are bound to be appreciated for this lovely craft.
Hope you will surely make this craft and share your valuable feedback with us. In case of any suggestions, please feel free to share the same in our comments section.