Today, no weapons or metal work, but something for the ladies and gamer-geeks!!! :> Holographic emblems, logos, crests...
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Tools and Material
- Dremel tool (for the hole)
- Small file (to smooth out the edges)
- Sanding paper (to smooth the surface of the wood)
- Saw (to cut out the wood / CD shard)
- Laser Engraver (obviously :> )
- Glue (epoxy or hotglue)
- Old CD
- Scrap wood or metal
- String (leather, silver necklace or just string)
Step 2: Let's Go
1. Cut out a rough shard, and place it in the engraver, and engrave it as shown in the video.
2. Smooth the edges with the file, and cut out a template for the droplet (cardboard), then cut out the droplet.
3. Cut out another template, but 3mm wider/longer, as a base for the CD piece
4. Mix the epoxy or heat up the glue gun (the hotter the better!), and glue the CD hologram onto the wood.
Step 3: Instructional Video
Lil help for all the guys n gals who really wanna try this out!
This is the engraver I have used: