Introduction: DIY Hydroponic Set Up
the things you need are.
1. Water Cooler Bottle (although i am using a clear bottle i suggest you spray paint the outside of yours black, because light exposure to roots is bad mmmkay)
2. Aquarium Air Pump (anything that can handle up to 5 gallons is alright)
3. Aquarium Air Pump Tubing (pick a good enough length for your environment)
4. Air Stones (i prefer the 12" air stones but size may not matter too much)
5. Phillip Screw Driver (or anything you can make a pencil thick size hole with)
6. Aerogarden Seed Pods (ebay is your friend.... sometimes)
Step 1: Remove the Bottle Cap
use a Philip screw driver or anything pencil thick.
and jam two holes on either side of the bottle cap.
the hole just has to be big enough to fit the air tubes.
Step 2: Connect the Air Tubes And...
Lower the air stones into the bottle.
make sure they are positioned to be maximum efficient.
Step 3: Add a Seed Pod
the seed pod should fit snugly into the caps main hole.
Step 4: Plug in the Air Pump
fill up the bottle and plug in your air pump. (for best results please use purified water)
if your seed pods you order come with a plastic clear top you can use that to simulate the seed being under dirt.