Jewelry boxes look very attractive as they are designed to store different types of jewelries inside it. Many of us love to collect the jewelry boxes due to its elegant designs and patterns. Here we are going to make one such amazing and unique jewelry box with drinking straws and cardboard. The sheen and design adds to the uniqueness of this very beautiful jewelry box. Lets see how to make it!
Step 1: Things Needed
- Drinking Straws
- Mount board
- Glue Gun
- Color Sheet
- Decorative beads and mirror
- Bead chain
- Cello tape
Step 2: Let's Cut the Cardboard!
Take a cardboard and draw a circle on it. Cut it.
Step 3: Let's Paste the Strips!
- Cut out mount board strips and paste it around the circle.
Step 4: Let's Paste the Drinking Straws!
- Now take drinking straws and use glue gun to paste it on the circle. Cut out the extra portion of the straws.
Step 5: Let's Cover the Inner Portion!
- Use fevibond to paste color sheet on the inner portion of the circle.
Step 6: Let's Paste the Color Strips!
- Also, cut out color paper strips and paste it around the mount board strips inside the design.
Step 7: Let's Make Partitions of the Box!
- Cut out strips from the cardboard. This will act a partitions inside the jewelry box
- Paste color paper on this strip and fix it inside the box to form compartments.
Step 8: Let's Take Mount Board & Paste the Color Paper!
- Let’s take one more mount board circle similar to that of the box and cover it with color paper.
Step 9: Let's Decorate the Craft!
- It’s time to decorate the craft. Use decorative beads, mirror and laces to decorate the cover of the jewelry box.
Step 10: Let's Fix the Box!
- Now use cello tape at one end of the box to fix the upper and lower portion of the jewelry box. This will serve as opening of the box.
Step 11: Let's Decorate the Box!
- Finally, decorate the edges using pearl laces and beads chain.
- Also, use round mirrors on the straws to give the jewelry box an attractive look.
Wow! Your beautiful DIY jewelry box is now ready.
Step 12: Conclusion
This is such a beautiful jewelry box and looks very attractive. You can place different jewelries inside it. Just keep it on your dressing table and your guests will just love this piece of jewelry box. The design is perfect and it is obvious that jewelry boxes are definitely made to look elegant.
We hope you will definitely enjoy making this craft. Please share your experiences and feedback in the comment section.