Introduction: DIY Jumper Cables
How to create your own jumper cables which is cost effective for Arduinos and breadboards and prototyping circuits!
Step 1: Tools & Materials
Knife or wire strippers
Header sil strips
Step 2: Step One - the Wires
1. Cut your wires to the length you want.
2. Strip the ends of the wire about 4/5mm
3. Solder the ends of the wire on both sides.
(carefull not to burn yourself! )
Step 3: Step Two - Header Sils
1. Solder the short ends of the header sils.
Step 4: Final Step
1. Solder together the header sils to ONE end of the wire.
2. Cut the heat shrink to size. (enough to cover exposed wires)
3. Slip the two pieces of heat shrink on the wire.
4. Solder on the remaining header sil on to the end of the wire.
5. Heat the heat shrink with a soldering iron so that it covers the wires.