Introduction: DIY - LED Flashlight Landscape Torch
So I have a huge groove of Bamboo near my home and I have been intrigued with the idea of making something using it. So here it is - Trust me these get a huge WOW factor and can be made in under 10min. Enjoy
Step 1: What You Need
- Get your bamboo - you will need at least 2 pieces. The first piece should be about 4 foot long and be about 2 inches in diameter. The Second piece can be short but must be larger in diameter than the first piece
- tin foil
- LED flashlight - about 1.5 inches in diameter
- Ideally a compund miter saw (a table saw will work too)
Step 2: Flashlight
Make sure you flashlight fits in the bamboo
- Cut the long piece of Bamboo just below the knuckle.
- On the other end cut an angle to put into the ground
Step 4: Lets Get to Work
This is the real interesting part of this project. Set the maximum depth of the saw to just begin cutting through the bamboo. Take your time and put multiple cuts (just going beneath the surface) up to where the flashlight will be.
- Make the cap from the larger piece of bamboo. If needed remove some material from the edge with a chisel. Put a piece of aluminum foil inside and then celebrate!
Step 6: ENJOY YOUR HANDYWORK!
Turn on the flashlight and put into the ground. Now just relax - you earned it!
Participated in the