Introduction: DIY Mini Canvas Magnet Gifts
I made these as parting gifts for my literature students. I asked them at the beginning of the semester what their favorite quotes were, and gave them these mini magnets on the last day of class. Hope you enjoy!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
All you need are:
a strip of magnet
a Micron pen
a gold extra-fine point Sharpie
Step 2: Design Canvases
- Design the canvases with your quotes.
- Small caps or all caps look better than lower case.
- Use gold to highlight particularly meaningful words in the quotes.
Some example quotes:
- "It was her habit to build up laughter out of inadequate materials."
- "If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself."
- "If you can love your enemy, you already have victory."
- "For magic consists in this, the true naming of a thing."
- "Yet a greater unlearned skill he possessed, which was the art of kindness."
- "Live every moment, love every day, because before you know it, precious time slips away."
- "Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it does not exist and never shall. There is only now."
- "The child is the father of the man."
- "All I kept thinking about, over and over, was 'you can't live forever.' 'You can't live forever.'"
- "You have brains in your head, and you know what you know, and you are the one who'll decide where to go!"
- "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view."
- "You cannot say no to the people you love. When you do, it has to sound like a yes."
- "It always seems impossible until it's done."
- "Oh the places you'll go, today is your day, your mountain is waiting so get on your way!"
- "Until I feared I would lose it it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing."
- "She needs to sort out her priorities."
Step 3: Add Magnet Backing
- Cut magnetic strips the length of the canvas.
- Remove adhesive lining and stick to the back.
- Now you can place your magnets on the fridge!