I build myself a cool outdoor rain shower. It is made out of threaded steel barrels, a rain shower head and a Gardena coupling. Overall cost were around 50$. Nice and simple!
3x 1m/40" threaded steel barrels (1/2")
1x 0.6m/24" threaded steel barrels (1/2")
1x 0.4m/16" threaded steel barrels (1/2")
2x 90° elbow fitting male/female (1/2")
3x 90° elbow fitting female/female (1/2")
1x ball valve (1/2")
The steel barrels and valve should be available at your local hardware store.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Make the Base
- The base consists of the 1m/40" barrel connected to the 0.6m/24" barrel.
- You need to screw the barrels and fittings tightly together. Make sure to use Teflon tape for sealing.
- The layout is Gardena tap connector - male/female 90° elbow (pointing upwards) - 1m/40" barrel - female/female 90° elbow - 0.6m/24" barrel - female/female 90° elbow (pointing upwards)
Step 2: Build the Shower
- The layout of the shower is 1m/40" barrel - ball valve - 1m/40" barrel - female/female 90°elbow - 0.4m/16" barrel - male/female 90° elbow - rain shower head.
- Make sure that you seal all connections with Teflon tape.
Step 3: You Are Ready to Take a Shower
- Connect your garden hose to the shower
- Open the ball valve
- Enjoy your outdoor rain shower!