Introduction: DIY PVC Sling & Arrow
In this project I'm going to show you how to make a simple slingshot arrow from common household supplies.
If you don't prefer to read, you can skip it and watch the video instead where I have explained all the steps in details.
Step 1: Things you'll need.
1) 3 quarter inch pipe, approx 13cm long.
2) half inch screw joint
3) Some pvc tape
4) Rubber bands, im using 8 of them
5) A pouch. I’ve salvaged one from an old slinghot, you can easily make your own from an old leather shoe.
6) A nail and a butane torch. Even a lighter will work.
7) Hot glue
8) A set of pliers
9) And for the arrows we’ll need some rounded skewer sticks,
10) Packing tape and electrical tape.
11) Marker and scissors
Step 2: Make the markings for handles
Make markings on the pipe like in the pictures using the marker.
Step 1: Cut Out the Handles Using Nail and Fire
Heat up a nail using a butane torch or lighter and drive it through the pipe on the markings you made earlier and clean up excess plastic using sanding paper or a serrated knife
Step 2: Build the Bow.
1) Take you pouch and knot 4 rubber bands on each side like in the pictures above.
2) Insert bands into the handles and apply some hot glue on the openings so the bands cannot escape.
Step 3: Narrow the Barrel
The opening of our barrel is very wide and it won't aim properly. To fix that we're going to install a half inch screw joint on the shooting end.
Wrap some PVC tape on the screw end until it snugly fits in the barrel and then stick it in with some hot glue.
With this step the bow is now ready. Lets move on to the arrow now.
Step 4: Let's Make Some Arrows
1) Place a piece of packing tape on table and place the arrow on it.
2) stick a second piece of tape on top of that like in the pictures to sandwich the skewer in between.
3) double the layers on both sides to make a sturdy tail.
4) make a template for tail design out of cardboard
5) Trace the template onto the tape fletching and cut it out with scissors.
2) Color it black with a marker.(optional)
With this, our arrow is done.
Step 5: Lets Do Some Shooting!
Our slingshot arrow is ready now and you can test it on something like Styrofoam or cardboard.
Hitting a hard surface like wood or concrete will break the arrow head.
Enjoy shooting :)
Make sure you handle it carefully and don't hurt anybody or damage anything valuable.
I hope you like this project and let me know if you try it out. Dont forget to share it with others.
- Follow me in Instructable @ MiiBooth
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/miibooth for more similar projects, facts and gadget reviews
- Like my page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/miibooth - Follow me on twitter @MiiBooth