Intro: DIY Pallet Workbench
I needed a workbench so I could stop using my animal trap as a workbench
Step 1: Materials
- one maybe two pallets
- two six foot pieces of wood (i don't know what to call them)
- lots of nails
- a way to take apart the pallet
Step 2: Take Apart the Pallet
take the all of the boards (except the end boards) off the top of the pallet withoutbreaking them
I don't have a prybar or any way to take the pallet apart without damaging it so I tried a few things........
- drill the nails out: an okay way to take it apart but time consuming
- use purchase with a 2x4: the 2x4 broke
- hammer a screw driver under the nails: doesn't work very well
- get some cinder blocks, put them through the spaces and jump on it : I ended up cracking the pallet and breaking another board
- get two hammers and try too pry the nails out: success! why i didn't do this in the first place: the nails were too far nailed in
Step 3: Hammer Those Nails Sideways
Step 4: Push the Boards Over and Screw Them In
push the boards (that you took off earlier) to one side of the pallet and screw them in NOTE: you will not have enough boards to cover the top so take off the bottom boards and screw them in
Step 5: Add Legs
cut the six foot boards in half
screw the boards to the underside corners
I screwed three screws to the side that had a vertical board and toenailed the other side do this to all of the boards
Step 6: Side Covers!
when I put the table on its legs it was kinda wobbly so I added side covers!
Step 7: DONE!
now go build something on it!