Learn how to make this cute Mini Album - Step by step Tutorial
I know that it's still a little bit of time until Valentine's Day but I wanted to make sure that I won't need to rush and come with a last minute gift. I did this album for my husband, I love him and wanted to give him something special, something made by hand, something unique :) I'm sure you gonna love this Creative Gift Idea.
If you'll do it, the recipient of your Mini Album will love your creation! In this step by step tutorial you will learn how to make this Photo Album that you can give it like a gift for Valentine's Day, Mothers Day, Birthdays etc.
With this handmade Album you can prove to your loved ones that you care about them & you are willing to create special gifts and not just buy them. Remember, without love we are lost ! :)
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Subscribe to our channel: www.giuliasart.com
Visit our Shop on Etsy: www.giuliasart.co.uk
Watch more awesome crafts here: www.giuliasart.com
Your Likes, Comments & Share motivate us to prepare more craft ideas and tutorials for you. So please like, share, and comment.
Step 1: Watch the Video!
For some people it's easier to watch a video than following step by step photos.
So if you are one of them I hope that this video will help you !
Step 2: Gather Your Tools & Supplies!
Step 3: Making the Base: the Dimensions
To make the base for the Photo album you will need:
- Black card stock
- Decorative paper
- 6 self adhesive magnets.
Step 4: Making the Base: Signing and Scoring
- With a ruler, sign the black card stock on both sides at 4 3/8, 5 1/2, 9 7/8 and 11".
- Unite the points.
- Score along the lines.
Step 5: Making the Base: Add the Magnets
- Stick 3 self adhesive magnets on the short, folding side.
- Then, attache the other 3 magnets on top on the other ones.
- Close the base same as I did and let the magnets stick themselves on the long side, so that the will be aligned.
Step 6: Making the Base: Add the Decorative Paper
- With a glue snail, stick the decorative paper on the outside and inside of the base.
Step 7: Making the Base: Time to Decorate
- To decorate the box stick a butterfly button and some half pears.
Step 8: Making the Album Pages: Dimensions
To create the pages for the album you will need:
- Black card stock
- Decorative paper
Step 9: Making the Album Pages: Scoring and Sticking
- Using a scoring board, score the 6 rectangles at 1/2 inch on the two long sides.
- The middle pars should get slimmer and slimmer.
- You need to ad adhesive tape on the middle part on each rectangle.
- Now, starting with the biggest rectangle, stick one on top of the other on the base, same as I did.
Step 10: Making the Album Pages: Stick the Pages
- Add adhesive tape on the long side of every page.
- Then stick the each page to one of the floppy sides you just created.
Step 11: Making the Album Pages: Decorating the Pages
- With a glue snail, add the decorative paper on the pages
- If you want, you can also add some embellishments on the pages.
Step 12: Making the Pocket: Dimensions
To make the pocket you will need:
- Black card stock;
- Decorative paper;
Step 13: Making the Pocket: Score and Stick
- Take the black card stock rectangle, and using the scoreboard, score at 1/2 inch on both short sides and one of the long one.
- Cut small triangle where the score lines unite.
- Add adhesive tape on the floppy sides;
- Stick the pocket on the base;
Step 14: Making the Pocket: Decorating It
- Using a glue snail, add the decorative paper on the pocket as well as on the tags;
- Then with some glue and glue dots add a butterfly button and half pears.
Step 15: This Is It!
Now you know how to make a Mini Photo Album for Valentine's Day.
Now it's time to add your own precious moments in it, so let's add some nice photos! :)
Step 16: How to Make the Gift Box for the Album.
You can watch the video above or follow this Instructable that I made for it:
Step 17: More Project Videos!
Perhaps you'll like some of my other crafts.
Check them out at: http://giuliasart.com
Write me your comments about this project on my Youtube video(comments section)! You can see it somewhere on the top of this step!