Introduction: DIY Paper Snowflake
There is nothing more fun than creating homemade crafts for the holidays! Snowflakes are perfect to encourage that holly jolly spirit! Below are helpful instructions to make a simple paper snow flake.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials!
For this craft, you will require the following materials.
- 6 sheets of paper (any color)
- Clear tape
Step 2: Create a Square!
- With each piece of paper, fold the bottom left hand corner of the page so that the short left edge of the paper lines up with the top long edge.
- Cut off the remaining rectangular paper.
Step 3: Fold!
- Fold your triangle in half
Step 4: Cut!
- Starting from the bottom of the triangle ( with two folds) cut three or for straight lines
- Be careful not to cut off the lines!! Try to cut about 1/4 inch away from the top
Step 5: Tape!
- Unfold your snowflake to reveal a square. You will notice that there are four diamonds.
- For the first and smallest diamond tape the two ends together.
- For the second diamond, flip your paper over. Tape the two ends together.
- Repeat the steps for each diamond.
Step 6: Create Your Snowflake!
- Using the previous steps, create a total of 6 snowflakes.
- Staple the ends of each snowflake, creating a hexagonal shape.
- Enjoy your beautiful snowflake!
Check out https://youtu.be/uWKZEJYs-AM for better instructions!!