Introduction: DIY Paper Vase 2
By Jyotsna Shenoy
- Thick chart/calendar paper
- Take a thick sheet of paper and draw rectangles of dimensions 10.5cm into 4cm.
- Cut out the rectangle strips.
Follow the steps as shown above.
- Take a strip and fold it in half.
- Fold it further to make 4 equal creases lengthwise.
- Fold both flaps inwards.
- Fold the strip in half.
- Fold in half to form a width wise crease.
- Fold both ends of the strips inwards to meet the small crease.
- You obtain one such folded piece.
Repeat STEP 2 to get several such pieces.
- Take two ends of a piece and insert it in the flaps of another piece.
- Repeat the step until you get an open paper chain of pieces joined together.
- Join the first end of the chain to its rear end to get a closed paper chain.
- Repeat STEP 4 until you get several such circular chains.
- Arrange each chain one on top of the other to form a cylindrical shape.
- Apply glue between each of the interfaces.
The vase is ready! It can be used as a pen/pencil holder!
Participated in the
Papercraft Contest 2017