Introduction: DIY Plasma Table
I had need for a table to cut out a bunch of signage on so of course decided to build my own. Here's what you'll need
Right angle grinder with flap disk
Metal Chop saw
Drills and drill bits
1/8 x 1 1/2 x ~30' square tubing
1/8 x 1 x 100'
1/4 lag bolts and other fastening hardware.
Step 1: Dimensions and Assembly
This table is 8' wide and 3' deep.
1. Cut 2 pieces at 8' and 2 pieces at 33"
2. Mark out your 8' tube every 3" on one side, then rotate and mark down 1 1/4" for the depth of the cut.
3. Place your 8' tubes on a 45* angle in your saw and cut down to your 1 1/4" mark. This allows the 1" slats to fit perfectly flush with the top. This depth could change with the diameter of your cut off wheel so it may be a good idea to check your depth with your flat bar every 10-15 cuts to make sure your still deep enough.
4. Weld your frame together and mount it to your wall (or build legs for your table and brace accordingly)
5. Cut all your 1/8" x 1" pieces of flat bar at 35" and slide them into your frame.
And your good to go!