Introduction: DIY Room Décor : Best Out of Waste Using Matchboxes
Matchboxes are very common in any household. Usually, we throw this boxes after the matchsticks have been exhausted. Many of us do not know that these matchboxes can be used to make awesome crafts which can serve as a perfect room décor in your house.
Still wondering how? Well, we bring here a simple yet very elegant wall hanging which are made up of matchsticks. It looks amazing on the walls and makes a great home décor. Also, we are using minimal materials in our craft which are eco-friendly too.
Step 1: Things Needed for Making DIY Room Décor!
- Craft glue
- Bead laces
- Dry glitters
- Decorative stones, beads and lace
- Color brush
Step 2: Let's Color the Matchboxes!
- Take a matchbox and remove the match sticks from it.
- Take the lower portion of the match box and use a red color to paint the surface of the matchbox as shown.
- Now, sprinkle some glitters on it and set it aside to dry completely.
- We need multiple such match boxes.
- Similarly, take some more matchboxes and color it using yellow paint. Keep them aside to dry.
Step 3: Let's Decorate the Matchboxes!
- We will now decorate the matchboxes.
- For this purpose, take a big decorative stone and paste it at the center of the box using glue.
- Now decorate the sides of this stone using smaller stones and keep it aside.
- Similarly, take the yellow box and decorate it.
- We are using a big red color stone at the center of the box and small red and golden stones of different shapes and designs at the side of it.
- Keep this arrangement aside.
Step 4: Let Us Make Hangings!
- For this we will use the bead lace.
- Cut the bead laces into different lengths and make a loop at one end.
- Place a stone in this loop in such a manner that it does not fall apart.
- We will require several such hanging arrangements.
Step 5: Let's Decorated the Match Box With Bead Lace!
- We will take the decorated match box and make a hole in it.
- Insert the bead lace into the hole and make a loop with the lace inside the box.
- Repeat the same process with all the other red color matchboxes only.
Step 6: Let's Arrange the Match Boxes!
- It is now time to arrange the matchboxes to make a perfect hanging.
- For this, cut out a rectangle cardboard and arrange the decorative matchboxes as shown.
- Do remember to keep in mind that the matchboxes to which the hangings are attached need to be placed towards the bottom of the wall hanging pattern.
- On the back side of the hanging, paste a decorative lace so that it can be placed anywhere in the room.
Your room décor is now ready to use!!
Step 7: Conclusion
Wow! What an excellent room décor. This room décor is bound to raise the eyeballs of your guest in the house. It is definitely going to get you immense praises. This room décor making is not only simple but looks elegant on any wall of the house.
Try this beautiful craft and share your experiences and feedback with us.