We all have seen wireless chargers which use resonance coupling to charge devices. But here is a phone charger which can be used to charge most of mobile phones. It works due to contact between two terminals........... In this charger a USB b type pin must be connected to the phone and has to be placed on the stand ,due to contact between terminals phone charges! Its not a big deal...
making this instructable is very easy and requirements are easily available.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: REQUIREMENTS
- SUN BOARD (PVC FOAM SHEET)
- MICRO USB PIN (male and female)
- some thin uninsulated wires ,soldering iron
- expory putty compound(M-seal)
- glue, paint,and some tools
Step 2: DRAW YOUR DESIGN
You can make your on design....how ever you want
while sketching make sure that you make it suitable for all phones,by expanding side grips.
Step 3: CUT THEM ALL
Cut all the pieces using a cutter.
be careful while cutting.don't cut them slantly,it would look ugly
Step 4: GLUE ALL THE PIECES
Glue the parts
- Parts of stand
- Two grips
Step 5: MAKING THE BASE TERMINALS
Now lets make contact terminals.
I have used soldering lead to do this because is can be bent easily.
- glue it to a small piece of sun board as in picture.make two pieces
- And now attach it to previosly made base holder.
- make a hole at lower base of stand for usb pin or for charger's input
- And finally glue the holder to stand
Step 6: MAKING THE CONNECTER PIN TO MOBILE
From a old data cable remove the micro usb pin
- solder the two terminals with a uninsulated wires to make contact terminal
Step 7: COVERING THE PIN
- Take two equal parts of putty mix them evenly to form a compound
- Apply it on the pin except the inserting part
- Give it a good shape...Let it harden.
- After hardening rub it wit a sandpaper and give nice finishing
Now bend the terminal wire to both sides
Step 9: ATTACHING THE SIDE GRIPPERS
According to your design .
- place the grippers on stand.
- take a small piece keep it over and screw it or pin it
Step 10: THE MOST IMPORTANT THING-CHECKING THE TERMINALS
The important thing is the terminals, so it should be rightly aligned.
- align the terminals at the center of base.
- connect them correctly.
- the right side of the terminal should be +ve for usb male pin
- the most left terminal is GND
- the other terminals are not necessary for charger
Step 11: PAINT JOB
- First lightly sand the body with sand paper.
- apply a coat of primer
- rub it again with sand paper to give smooth finish
- Apply paint of your choice.
- Do the same with usb pin
- Fix all the parts
Step 12: CHARGE YOUR PHONE
Enjoy your wireless charger stand....
THANK YOU FOR READING. SURE COMMENT ON THIS