So in this project I aimed to solve a problem with skateboards and that is it is difficult to use them at night. In this tutorial you will not only walk away with a skateboard that can light up in the dark cars will be able to see you much better from a distance at night if you follow my instructions correctly. Lets begin!
You will need the following.
- A wrench.
- A drill with a screw driver attachment.
- Two 3D printed mounts.
- Thin flashlight.
- Two zip ties.
- Zip Tie gun. (Optional)
- Longer bolts for your skateboard if needed.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: 3D Print the Parts
In order to print the part to the exact specifications you need it to be you need to give it 100% infill and although pla would work it needs to be printed from PETG or ABS if you can use it. I used PLA it worked fine but not sure how long it will last. Lastly you need to print two of these mounts.
Step 2: Attaching the Mounts.
- I put a zip tie in each of the mounts before I put the mounts on the skateboard. You should probably do the same.
- Next I used a wrench and put it around the nut on the bottom of the skateboard. Use the drill while the wrench is on the nut and unscrew that nut.
- If you have longer bolts for the skateboard use them now. Replace them with the bolt you took the nut off.
- Repeat steps 1 - 3 on a nut on the same side as the nut you just took off.
- Zip tie the flashlight to the side of the mounts. Use a zip tie gun if you have one.
- Put the nuts back on.
- It should look like the images above.
Step 3: Test!
Now stand on your skateboard. If you notice the wheels are touching the flashlight in any way if you lean back and forth then you either need a thinner flashlight, taller skateboard, or smaller wheels. If you are having success try slowly riding your board. See if you have any problems.
Step 4: Conclusion!
Thanks for reading the whole thing through! Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!
This is an entry in the