In this project I'll show you how you you can put together a powerful slingshot bow hybrid using some readily available archery and slingshot supplies.
If you don't prefer to read, you can skip it and watch the video instead where I have explained all the steps in detail. If you do, then continue reading the written steps along with pictures in the following steps. Find out more similar projects and gadget reviews on my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/miibooth
Let's move to the first step to see what you'll need.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You'll Need
- I'm using an aluminium alloy slingshot with a wrist brace. It has 3 rubber bands on each side. It is undoubtedly one of the most powerful slingshot I have come across and perfect for this application.
- An archery whisker biscuit. This is what will turn our slingshot into a bow for shooting arrows accurately.
- 3 zip-ties.
- And ofcourse some arrows to shoot. I'm using standard target practice arrows and some broadheads.
Let's assemble them in the next step.
Step 2: Build the Bow
- It is as simple as ABC.
- Place the whisker bicsuit on the front end of the slingshot and tie it with the 3 zip-ties as you can see in the picture.
- I have also bend the wrist support to sit on my arm more comfortably.
- I have purposely placed the whisker biscuit on the front to give the rubber bands maximum space to recoil.
With this our slingshot bow is ready to fire.
I went ahead and made my own archery target by modifying an empty cardboard box from inside and outside. You can watch that in detail in the video in the intro step.
Its time to shoot now. Next step please.
Step 3: That's How You Shoot.
- Place the arrow in the whisker biscuit through the V shape opening in it.
- Secure the knock of the arrow in the slingshot pouch and pull back as hard as you can. For best grip, tightly grip the six knots that are there in the pouch and pull back.
- Well, now all that's left is to release it. So.. go ahead and shoot.
You can check out my video for some slomo shooting action with the different targets I set up including agitated soda cans and and army of balloons.
This thing is a monster and I’m very pleased to see how it turned out. As you can see, this is no joke, the slingshots I have made in the past don’t even come close to what this can do. That is why if you decide to make one, do not point it at any living thing. Not even as a joke, On one instance it got released midway while pulling back and went straight through a bucket infront of me.
If you liked this project, please share it with your friends and family.
Check out my other instructables on my profile page
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/miibooth
- Follow me on Instructables @ MiiBooth
- Like my page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/miibooth
- Follow me on twitter @MiiBooth