In this tutorial I want to share with you "Spirited Away" animated Japanese movie inspired idea - No Face Small Decorative Pillow/Cushion.
Upgrade your Halloween home decor with this The Dark spirit who devours other spirits and absorbs their emotions, causing him to take on their attitudes, especially negative ones.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You’ll Need:
- Black and White Felt
- Fabric - 2 squares 30x30cm (12x12 inches)
- All purpose Black and White thread
- Sewing machine
- Printed template on A4 paper
Step 2: Cut Out
Using the pattern cut out all black and white felt pieces
Step 3: Hand Stitching
1. Work with "Susuwatari" (soot sprites), sew the eyes
2. "No Face" - stitch spirit's face separately (it's easier)
3. Stitch the face with the base
4. Take one piece of fabric. Place your applique in the middle and stitch around the edge
5,6. Fix small parts very well, because felt is fragile
Step 4: Sewing
Pin both pieces together (face to face).
Then sew all the way around the edges, but leave open a 3 inch area at bottom to fill with pillow stuffing. Back stitch at the beginning and end.
Step 5: Stuffing
Turn with right face on and iron the pillowcase.
Stuff as evenly as possible until you’ve reached the desired fullness. You can use a pencil to fill the corners.
Than hand sew the opening part.
Participated in the
Halloween Contest 2018