Introduction: DIY Coffee Ornament!
Hi everyone! I hope this brings some holiday cheer to your tree! I love coffee and I love DIY's, so I put the two together. Read on for instructions or watch my video for a visual.
My husband was nice enough to create us a free Starbucks coffee sleeve template! I love him! Follow this link for a free download to complete this coffee cup look! Great for personalizing an ornament gift or for your own tree!
Step 1: Supplies
- Small red cup (I found mine at the Dollar Tree)
- Card stock (thick paper for support)
- Cotton balls
- Small 1.5 inch Styrofoam ball, cut in half
- Green straw
- Embellishments like, candy canes, gingerbread, etc. (I found mine at Michael's with the Christmas miniatures)
- Puffy paint (white, brown, and caramel)
- Glue gun
For the Ornament
- Fishing wire
Step 2: How to Get Started
- Cut out circles that fit into the cup
- Stick one into the cup
- Place the second one on top
Step 3: Give It a Coffee Shape
- Cut the Styrofoam ball in half
- Spread out the cotton ball just a little
- stack the cotton ball on top of the card stock we placed earlier
- and stack the Styrofoam on top of the cotton ball
- After you get the right shape take the Styrofoam ball and stick a small piece of straw into it
- Then stick your embellishment (I used a candy cane and gingerbread)
Here we are just checking to see if the shape is right before gluing it down
Step 4: To Make It an Ornament
THIS IS AN OPTIONAL STEP! IT LOOKS CUTE AS A GIFT WITHOUT THE ORNAMENT STEP AS WELL!
- Poke a hole into one of the card stock circles (the one that will be placed on top)
- String fishing wire through a needle and through all pieces (The card stock, the cotton ball, the Styrofoam, and lastly through the straw)
- To make sure the string doesn't slide though the bottom I used a piece of the straw as a weight to tie underneath the card stock
IF THIS IS CONFUSING WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE TOP IN THE INTRODUCTION
Step 5: Glue It Down
- Use a glue gun to glue the card stock down
- Glue the cotton ball to the card stock
- Glue the Styrofoam ball to the cotton ball
Step 6: Add Your Topping!
- Use the puffy paint to paint on the whipped cream
- Use a paint brush to give it more texture
- Add different color swirls to look like syrup!
Step 7: Get Creative and Personalize It!
- You can decorate the cup in so many ways!
- Give these as gifts or use for your own tree
- Don't forget the free download to make them look like mini Starbucks cups!
Step 8: Follow Me Places!