Introduction: DIY Ugly Xmas Jumper(hidden Moral in INTRO)
Who doesn't love Christmas?!
I sure do...today we (me and you) are making an ugly DIY sweater/jumper!
If you wonder were the ugliness is...It's a link to the character where is wally(who wears glasses)... my message is "glasses makes you look "ugly"" which i absolutely disagree with but I'm showing the beauty in the magic of the Christmas spirit which is to be loving and kind...so to all of you people who think wearing glasses is "ugly" it's not...my little sister has been bullied in the past for wearing glasses, they also proceed to call her "nerdy" and "ugly"...so i wanted to show that in my project today!! Enough of that LET'S GET GOING!!!
- felt sheet
- glue gun
- mini ornaments
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: FELT
Grab some felt/ cut some up
Step 2: Scissors!
Draw a tree on some felt.
Step 3: CUTTING
1. Cut out your felt (drawing)
Step 4: Tinsel + Felt!
1. Cut a reasonable amount a tinsel- cut this out into a tree shape
2.Glue the felt onto the tinsel using the glue gun.
Step 5: ORNAMENTS + XMAS DECORATION (FUN!!!)
1. Glue on the baubles (you can get these of your xmas tree/buy them) using a glue gun.
2. Glue on your mini ornaments/other decorations using a glue gun!!
Step 6: LIGHTS (tricky Part)
1. Add holes through the felt and into the tinsel using a sharp tool.
2. Poke in the lights (these can be inexpensive)
Step 7: More Gluing!! (FIN!)
Using a glue gun,glue down the the felt/crafted object securely and carefully!
And that's It! So easy, right?
Now it's time for you to have a go yourself
And remember the ugly message I gave you in my INTRO!!!
SPREAD THE MESSAGE!
Participated in the
Ugly Sweater Speed Challenge