Introduction: DIY Yarn Jewelery
Everybody has their preference in fashion, be it clothing or jewelery. Sometimes you never get what your inner fashion self wishes for and at that moment of crisis rather than worrying you can DIY.
We live in world where DIY is the motto of almost all, so why not make a fashion statement with your own DIY accessories?
In this instructable I'll be making earrings out of yarn so tag along and enjoy creating.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Requirements
Here is what you need to start with the project
- Stainless Steel Wire
- Nose Pliers
- Normal Pliers
- Super Glue
- Earring Hooks
- Golden Beads
Step 2: Shaping the Wire
- Cut the metal wire about 12cms in length.
- You need to have two of these wires.
- Next mark 4 cms lines on the wire and crease then using pliers.
- With the help of a nose plier bend the metal wire into a triangle shape.
Step 3: Wrapping the Yarn
- Begin by adding a drop of super glue at the end edge(where two non joined ends of the wire meet) of the wire.
- Next leave 3 inches of yarn and glue it to the edge using pilers and then begin wrapping the metal wire as shown in the picture.
- When you reach the end glue the yarn to any corner and cut it off.
- Leave some space at the bottom as shown.
Step 4: Adding the Hook
- Next at top where you left a strand of yarn add the hook.
- After the hook is placed, glue the other end of the yarn to the edge.
- Now the hook is secure, cut off any excess yarn.
- Glue the beads as per your liking. I went for a minimalist look with just two golden beads in between.
You can even add tassels at the bottom metal wire. You're DIY jewelery is done!
Go make a fashion statement out there!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017