Intro: DIY Cassette Tape to MP3 Aux Converter
In this project we're gona transform an old cassete tape to high quallity MP3 Aux converter. Better to watch the video for FULL TUTORIAL.
Step 1: Disassembling the Radio
-First, seperate the speakers from the body and unsrew all screws that are holding the body together. My cassete motor didnt work so i just brake front plexi and the frame who is holding the tape in place
-Now we need to get this cassete magnetic heads which will transform our music signals to magnetic wavesS
-Just unscrew two swrews that are holding the head in place and cut the wires from the head becouse we will add a new one.
-This magnetic head has small piece of metal that we dont need so take it of with the pilers.
Step 2: Soldering and Wiring
-Unsolder left over wires from the head and find a suitable
cable with minimum of 3 wires inside
-Remove the isolation from the ends, put some solder on them and repeate the same proces on the other side as well. I used 3.5 mm metal jack which i get for about 1 euro. Plastic jack are three times cheaper but metal jacks looks more awsome
- Put some heatring tubes on the connections but if you dont have them use electric tape instead
- Two smaller pins are positive left and right channel and bigger pin is ground
- Fastst way to heat the tubes is to use a lighter and try not to burn them to much
- There will be three connections on the magnetic head. One that stands alone is ground and the others are left and right
- You can use another black heatring tube but i didnt have one so i used black electric tape to make all nicer and the cable is finished
Step 3: Modifying Cassette
- Now we need to modify our cassette tape
- Remove 5 small screws from the cassette
- Good trick is to use neodimium magnet to hold our screws together
- We need to cut off the middle frame for the screw and to that just take soldering iron and melt down the plastic untill it looks fine
- I used hot glue gun to secure the magnetic head to the cassete
- Drill a hole or melt down the plastic at the side of the cassette so the cable can go throught
- Screw back 4 screws and you are ready to test our finished product
Thank you for watching, please subscribe, like, comment and you can watch my previous video where I built fancy looking phone tripod mount. I will be very thankful for sharing and commenting this video becouse it really keeps me going and I will do more project soon...