Intro: DIY Face Mask and "conditioner" Super Simple
Many a time I've felt like I needed to clean my face and hair from the nastiness of the day and was left putting chemicals that burn into my skin and hair. So with a bit of research and lots of reading here is what I ended up using.
We will be making both a face cleanser that removes oils from your skin and pores as well as a "conditioner" protein booster for your hair. Very simple and very natural. LETS DO IT!!
Step 1: Step 1: Ingredients
Super simple ingredients that everyone has in their home
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 8 squares of single sheet toilet paper (or 4 of double ply)
That's it!! for both things. awesome huh?
Step 2: Step 2: Face Cleanser
This is a super simple way to take all that nasty oil from your pores:
- Wash your face with soap and water to take make up off
- Separate 4 squares of toilet paper into single sheets and then cut them in half. you will have strips of single sheet toilet paper.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. put them in separate bowls
- Take the egg white and whisk it just a little bit until you start to see bubbles.
- Take a CLEAN fluffy brush and use it to cover your face with the egg whites.
There will be a cool sensation on your skin
- Take the pre cut strips of toilet paper and place them on your face like a mask. Use your fingers to help the paper stick to the egg white.
- Take the fluffy brush again and use it to cover the paper on your face with another layer of egg white.
We will be leaving this mask on for 30 minutes. you will feel it getting hard and your skin will feel tight.
You are DONE!!! don't worry it will not drip.
THERE IS NO LIMIT TO HOW OFTEN YOU CAN DO THIS MASK
Step 3: Step 3: "Conditioner" Protein Boost for Your Hair
Now for the "conditioner" hair protein boost (sort of like a supercharge conditioner to help your natural oils and allow your hair to grow stronger)
- Take the egg yolk we have remaining from the face mask
- Add 1 table spoon of honey
- Add 1 table spoon of olive oil
- OPTIONAL: add the oil from a capsule of vitamin E (either bite the end or poke a whole and drain the capsule into the bowl with the egg, honey and oil)
- Mix very well
- Now, put it in your hair. Start at the roots since this is mainly to help your scalp and massage all over your scalp.
- Use the remaining mixture to add to your hair to your tips.
- cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap.
- THIS WILL DRIP. so cover it.
We will be leaving this "conditioner" in for about 1-2 hours. In the meantime do some chores or watch a movie.
DO THIS NO MORE THAN 1X/MONTH. It is a lot of protein and too much can cause build up. your hair needs time to absorb it.
Step 4: Step 4: Wash It Off
- AFTER HALF AND HOUR: (more like 15-20min since you finished the "conditioner") peel the face mask off.
- It will come off super easy and leave you with a oil free face
- You will need to wash with water, but since you have the "conditioner" on, just wait until that is done to put water on your face.
- AFTER AND HOUR OR 2: Get in the shower.
- Take the shower cap or plastic wrap off and shower.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner like normal.
NOW FEEL GOOD!! knowing that your skin and hair are clean and healthier for your efforts.
Enjoy. let me know how it turned out for you.
-Side note: if you only leave the "conditioner" in for 1 hour it is still going to help your hair a lot. so don't fret if you cant leave it in for 2 hours.