Introduction: DIY White Board
In this Instructable, I will show you how to make an XL white board for less than 10€ saving yourself around 60 to 80€.
Follow me, to be the first to know when i upload new projects :).
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials List
- A big Painter's Canvas ~5€.
- a reclaimed acrylic sheet : 0€.
- some wood screws.
Step 2: Tools List
- Jig saw blade (Basic Metal).
- Thinner or a disolvant.
- Tissue paper.
- a drill bit (wood).
- a screw drill bit.
Step 3: Measure
Superpose the the canvas onto the acrylic sheet and draw the size on it with the permanent maker.
Step 4: Cut and File
Cut the acrylic sheet with the jig saw.
here, please use the dust mask and the glasses, as I noticed that the acrylic sheet was melting a bit where i was cutting and emitted an irritating odor ( could be toxic or eye-irritant ).
once done, file down the edges using the wood file.( wear glasses ).
Step 5: Clean
Use the thinner (or your dissolvant) to clean any remaining ink from the previous use.
use the dust mask to protect your lungs from the thinner odor.
Discard this step if you are using a new acrylic sheet.
Step 6: Assemble
- Superpose the sheet onto the canvas.
- mark the holes entries for the screws on the sheet using the permanent marker.
- mark 2 additional holes on the top for mounting the board on the wall.
- remove the canvas.
- drill the holes.
- superpose again and screw them on top of each other.
Step 7: Mount
Mount the board on the wall using a cord.