DYI Letter A with shadow is a part of my project called Learn how to make letters from A to Z with shadow using foam sheets ( peel and stick ). I love this material as I don't have to use glue, it is a sticker foam. Use the whole alphabet set for :
- birthday decorations
- door letters or name
- stage decorations
- and the like
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Project Overview. the 32 Seconds Video/slideshow Presentation.
Step 2: Prepare the Materials Needed.
- Foam Sheets (peel and stick). Cut it into 5 inches by 3 inches. I bought these foam sheets from Walmart.
- Pencil or Pen. I like pen.
- Cutter or scissor. I used both.
- Crafting mat. It's optional but a big help during the process (measurement).
Step 3: The First Layer Letter A
- Place the sheet on the crafting mat to fit the 5" by 3" measurement as seen on the image. ( If there is no mat, draw 5 " by 3" line grids.
- Use ruler and pen to draw lines.
- Use scissor or cutter to cut the lines drawn.
Step 4: The Background or Shadow
- Use another foam sheet.
- Place letter A on the sheet.
- Peel off the back.
- Stick it to the other foam
- Draw outside border line about 1/8 inch or so around the letter A.