This is a slight twist to a simple chinese dish vegetable dish made largely with Daikon white radishes. and any other leafy veggies in your fridge. Daikon white radishes have a very unique taste and much different than that of regular radishes.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Daikon Radish
- Napa cabbage
- Green Onions
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Cutting board and Knife
- Non Stick Pan
Step 2: Mise En Pace
- Peel the skin form the radishes and rinse it.
- Slice it to thin circular slices.
- Chop it into thin slices.
- Peel the skin off of the onions and slice into cubes.
- Thinly slice the green onions.
Step 3: Saute the Onion
- In a large non-stick pan, sauce the onion, until slightly golden brown.
Step 4: Stir Fry the Napa Cabbage
- Once the onion is cooked, placed the sliced napa cabbage onto the pan.
- Stir fry it for about 2 minutes.
Step 5: Add Radish
- Add the radish into the pan and stir fry it until soft.
Step 6: Season and Garnish
- Add a couple of teaspoons soy sauce
- Add half a teaspoon of sesame oil
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
You can do this step simultaneously as the radish cooks if you have another pan.
- Place the bacon slices onto the pan and fry it until it's crunchy
Step 8: Make Bacon Bits
- Slice it to a smaller size to make bacon bits
Step 9: Top It With Bacon
Top the radish dish with some bacon bits!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017