Intro: Dark Chocolate and Honey Crisps
These delectable crisps are made by coating crunchy honey tuiles with dark chocolate. The sweetness of honey is perfectly complemented by the bitterness of the dark chocolate, making these almost addictive! They are also a beautiful, elegant and gourmet gift for foodies and chocolate lovers.
Step 1: Ingredients
This recipe makes 24 crisps
Honey - 3 tablespoons
Grain Sugar - 3 tablespoons
All Purpose Flour - 3 tablespoons
Soft Butter - 3 tablespoons
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Salt - a small pinch
63% Dark Chocolate - 1/2 Cup
Chopped nuts, dragees, petals, colored sugars (optional) - as required
Step 2: Make the Honey Tuiles
1. Mix honey, sugar, butter, salt and vanilla thoroughly till smooth and well combined.
2. Add flour, and mix till combined.
3. Spread this mixture on parchment paper or a silicone mat very thinly with an offset spatula. You can use a circle stencil if you want a perfect shape. Place in the refrigerator for 15mins till hard. This is an important step at is ensures that the tuiles will hold their shape.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 338F for 12minutes till they are golden in colour. They will still be soft when you remove them from the oven, but get crisp as they cool. Let cool completely before moving to the next step.
Step 3: Finish the Honey Tuiles
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler. Coat the tuiles in the chocolate and place them on parchment paper to harden.
2) At this point, they can be topped with chopped nuts, crushed dried rose petals, dragees, etc. You can also draw patterns with a fork when the chocolate is half set. Let harden completely before storing them in an airtight container.