Need a quick and easy snack that is protein packed?
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Date and Pumpkin Seed Brownie Bites (No-bake)
These no-bake date and pumpkin seed brownie bites are quick and easy to make. Bonus they’re filled with 4 healthy ingredients.
- 1 cup roasted pepita seeds (A.K.A Styrian pumpkin seeds)
- 2 ½ cups dates
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Place pumpkin seeds in food processor and pulse about 10 times or until pumpkin seeds are in small chunks. Add dates and process one full minute. The mixture will be sticky.
- Pour in coconut and cocoa powder. Process one minute.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and roll mixture into balls of somewhat equal sizes. Place each on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Makes about 20-25. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Once chilled store in airtight container.
Have you heard of Stryrian pumpkins? I’ve heard of pepitas before which are hull-less pumpkin seeds. Aldi carries them and they’re great because they have so many health benefits. They are a good protein source. When your taste testers can’t bring nuts on the premises this is a good substitute. What’s nice about pepitas is there is no shell so they are a great snack on their own as well. Nuts.com carries them if you are not near an Aldi. Sometimes with Aldi they have items that are seasonal which might be the case with the pepitas. Give them a try and be pleasantly surprised :)