Waking up in morning is one of the annoying and difficult task for everyone.Usually we wake , either by an alarm clock or our parents help us in getting up in morning . an alarm clock produces a sound as an output for waking a person up.
have u ever wondered if someone is deaf would they be able to wake up by this alarm clock. It might be more difficult for them for waking in morning.
therefore thought of creating an alarm clock for deaf which give output in different form other than sound and which will intend wake them, up.
Step 1: Explanation
We all need alarms to wake up early, so does deaf people. Our alarm wakes us up by producing sound but what about deaf people how will they listen to the alarm ring. Some people have dealt with this problem and have come up till vibrations(vibrating alarm clock), but vibrations have some harmful effects on body(read http://www.ohsrep.org.au/hazards/vibration/effects-of-vibration), even if the degree of harm is less, vibrations are a bit harsh way of waking them up. So, my idea is to make an alarm clock which generates responses in these three forms:
● By bursting out fragrance
○ When the current time matches to the input alarm time it will burst out fragrance. Bursts of fragrance can be made out till the alarm is dismissed at the gap of some time.
○ Fragrance can be disturbing or pleasant, according to what person wants(if he’s lazy or can wake up easily).
○ Refills of fragrance can be made available to them with different flavours.
● By switching ON the lights
○ When the current time matches to the input alarm time it will switch ON the light of the room.
○ The alarm clock can be made wirelessly connected(using bluetooth, nrf, zigbee, etc) to a small circuit on the lights switch. A digital switch(Triac, Relay, etc) can be controlled from the alarm clock.
● By switching OFF or ON the fan
○ When the current time matches to the input time it will switch OFF or ON the fan of the room until dismissed.
○ If it’s summer season we can Switch OFF the fan of the room or if it’s winter we can switch ON the fan of the room.
○ The alarm clock can be made wirelessly connected(using bluetooth, nrf, zigbee, etc) to a small circuit on the Fan switch. A digital switch(Triac, Relay, etc) can be controlled from the alarm clock.
- This can be really helpful for deaf people as their other senses are very very strong. This may not work for us but would work for the deaf.
- The person can disable or enable any of these features according to his needs. Suppose if the refills over the he or she can disable the feature of bursting out fragrance.
Step 2: Materials:
- the following are the list of material:
- Arduino Mega
- 16x2 LCD,
- RTC(real time clock) module,
- 4x3 Keypad,
- Relay module,
- motor fan,
- Servo motor
- , L293D motor driver.
Step 3: What Is RTC Module
This handy module keeps accurate time for years using a tiny coin-cell, and is very simple to connect to your Arduino project. A driver library allows your program to easily set or read the time and date. Perfect for clock projects, dataloggers or anything that needs to know the date and time.
- Set or read accurate time and dates from your Arduino.
- Keeps time without power using a CR1632 coin cell battery backup (supplied)236 Bytes of addressable non-volatile memory, save serial numbers and important values.
- Add a Dot Matrix Display panel and one of our Arduino-compatible boards for a huge clock!Ideal for datalogging projects.
- Free software library and examples.
Step 4: Circuit Diagram
do connection as per following circuit
Arduino Mega is used as a microcontroller.
- Real time clock(RTC) module keeps track of the current time.
- The current time is displayed on the LCD screen with the help of Arduino uno.
- Alarm is set using 4x3 Keypad.
- If the current time matches the time set, Lights will be switched ON automatically using a relay module, Fans will be switched OFF and it’ll burst fragrance with the help of servo motors in order to wake up deaf people as their other senses are very strong.
Step 5: Code
kindly download the library in the following code from github.
Step 6: Utility
It’ll help deaf people to wake up early generating responses for their other senses.
- Fragrance burst for their olfactory nerves.
- Switching ON of lights.
- Switching OFF of fans.