Introduction: Decadent Chocolate Truffle Dessert Shells
The Decadent Chocolate Truffle Dessert Shells are perfect for any occasion, from weddings to casual gatherings. They are fairly simple and quick to make. This step-by-step will show you how to make the miniature chocolate shell and give you a few ideas of what to place inside of it.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
The first thing you need to do is get all your equipment together.
1. Chocolate is a must. (You can use your favorite brand of chocolate. I prefer buying the 10 lb bars. I break them down into smaller pieces and melt them. )
2. You will need a mold to make the chocolate shell. (Michael's has some great molds to choose from.)
3. Truffle mixtures are what I used to fill the shells with. You can use other ingredients, such as frosting or peanut butter, etc ...
*One truffle mixture I used was made with an equal amount of chocolate and whipping cream. Another truffle mixture I used in the example, was made with cream cheese, white chocolate and whipping cream.
*These truffle mixtures stay a creamy substance. You can also add flavors to the truffle mixtures you make to spice things up.
4. Lastly, you will need something to decorate the top of your truffle cup with. I used fruits, nuts and chocolate shavings in the following examples.
Step 2: Making the Chocolate Shell
Now that you have your tools and ingredients you can get started.
To make the chocolate truffle shell, you will need your melted chocolate and your shell mold.
1. Fill the whole cup of the mold with your melted chocolate.
2. Immediately after, dump the chocolate out of the mold. Allow it to drip out for a few seconds.
3. Wipe off the excess chocolate that is on the top of the mold.
4. Once the mold has been wiped off, place the mold upside down on a piece of wax or parchment paper.
5. Allow the mold to sit that way until the chocolate has completely hardened.
Step 3: Examples
Once your chocolate shells have hardened, they should pop right out of the mold.
From there, you can make it into your own creation.
I made three examples so you would have some ideas:
1. Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cup
2. German Chocolate Cup
3. Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cup
Step 4: Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cup
The Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cup was made with a milk chocolate truffle shell.
I filled the shell with the white chocolate cheesecake truffle mixture.
I then sliced a strawberry and added it to the top.
You can make this particular dessert cup the same way with raspberries, blueberries or another fruit of your choice.
Step 5: German Chocolate Cup
The German Chocolate Cup was made with a dark chocolate truffle shell.
I used the chocolate truffle mixture in the center.
Chopped pecans and shredded coconut were then sprinkled across the top.
Step 6: Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cup
The peanut butter chocolate swirl cup was made with a milk chocolate truffle shell.
The inside was made with the chocolate truffle mixture and peanut butter swirled together.
The top was decorated with milk chocolate shavings.
Now that you have some ideas, go out there and have fun making these beautiful, delicate and delicious desserts.
Finalist in the