Build and decorate your own wall lamp.
It's cheep, it's easy, and it's fun!
Step 1: Electricity - Materials and Instructions
I bought the parts and put it together by myself.
You can actually use a ready made lamp and skip this part.
1. Electrical cord + plug + switch
2. Contact mount
4. Master socket
7. Dual socket
8. Wall mount
A. Connect the Nipple (#5) into the Swivel (#3)
B. Screw the Washer (#6) onto the Nipple (#5)
C. Insert the thin end of the Electrical cord (#1) into the Nipple (#5)
D. Connect the cord to Contact mount (#2)
E. Connect the Master socket (#4) to the Swivel (#3)
F. Connect the Dual socket (#7) to the Master socket (#4)
G. Connect Wall mount (#8) to wall
H. Insert Nipple (#5) into position on the wall mount
I. Tighten washer
Step 2: Plastic Cover - Materials
1. Plastic plate
2. Stencil paper
3. Spry Paint
Step 3: Make a Stencil
I cut my stencil in a laser cuter but you can use this instructable: Photograph to Stencil
to create any pattern or design you want.
Step 4: Paint Your Design
1. Tight the stencil to the plastic plate. ( Use your fingers to secure the stencil in itÃ¢â¬â¢s place)
2. Spray a few layers of paint on the plastic plate depends on the type of the spray, color and desired transparency. (Let dry between layers).
Step 5: Hang on the Wall
- 4 Pipes - Their length is the length in which you want the lamp to be away from the wall
- 4 Screws - Pipes Length + Plastic depth + length of anchor.
3. Put plastic on the wall and mark with a pencil the exact location of the holes.
4. Drill 4 holes in the wall. Put plastic anchor.
5. Insert Screw through plastic - pipe - wall.