Turn a thrift store side table into a thing of beauty with fabric, paint and decoupage medium!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch How Easy It Is to Do Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Thrift store table
Enough fabric to cover the top
Americana Decor Maxx Gloss (in a matching color) *I used Caribbean Sea
Americana Decoupage in Gloss
Large sheet of butcher paper
Optional: Metallic Gold Paint Pen
Step 3: Here's How:
1. Press paper around the table top to create a pattern
2. Trace around the crease with a pencil and cut out
3. & 4. Pin to the fabric and carefully cut out the pattern
5. & 6. Pick a color of Maxx Gloss to match the fabric and stir thoroughly, don't shake
7. Give the table 1 to 2 coats of Maxx Gloss (no need to sand, prime or prep)
8. & 9. Coat the table top with Americana Decoupage
10. Make sure there are no wrinkles and that the fabric is perfectly flat and in position
11. Coat the entire piece of fabric with a generous amount of the Decoupage and let dry
12. Optional: Use a metallic gold paint pen to edge the table