Introduction: Deep Fried Crispy Spicy Okra
I have never made this much of fried food in my entire Life :). Oh.. Hello My Dear ible Friends.
I have rarely seen anyone in my life who does not like Okra or Ladies Finger (Funny name ;-)) or Bhindi (in India). There are tons of things which can be made using okra. I am very sure if you choose to try this ible any false opinions about okra will change, if you have any :).
Last weekend, I had been on jungle safari trip with my family. On our way back we stopped for lunch on a Highway Restaurant (we call Dhabas in India), where I had the opportunity to try Crispy Okra (they called Kurkuri Bhindi), I loved it and figured out that it is easy to make.
In this ible I will show you how to make a real quick, easy, crispy & delicious snack using okra.
Before we start , here is some useful Information:
Cooking: 10 Minutes
if you like this ible, please vote.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Tender Green Okra about 150 gms
- Gram Flour (Besan)2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder or Paprika 1tsp
- Chat masala 2 tsp
- Optional Lemon Juice 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Any cooking Oil
- Deep Frying Pan
- Kitchen Absorbent Paper
Step 2: Preparation
- Cut to remove the peduncle (the end which was connected to the plant). (Image 1)
- Slit cut okra in four parts (Image 2).
- Put okra and all ingredients (except lemon juice) in a bowl (Image 3).
- Mix well, you will notice that the mixture has covered okra nicely (Image 4).
Step 3: Cooking & Serving
- When the oil is heated, adjust to medium flame and fry few okra at a time, see Image above.
- When the okra starts to turn crispy, remove them on absorbent paper.
Eat it with plain rice and fried daal (fried lentin soup). OR eat it as snack with the sauce of your choice (I like salsa or tomato)
I hope you liked and enjoyed this ible as much as I did it in cooking, eating and making an ible :) . Thank you for reading this ible. If you like it, please vote.
I would love see your feedback and if you choose to try this, please share a pic. Should you have any questions, I am more than happy to answer.
Participated in the
Fried Food Contest