Spanish omelette is the English name for a traditional dish from Spanish cuisine called tortilla española, tortilla de patatas or tortilla de papas.
It is an omelette made with eggs and potatoes, tomatoes, sometimes also with onion and/or chives, capsicum or garlic; fried in oil and often served cold as an appetizer. It is part of the cuisine of Spain and many South American countries, especially those in the area of the Rio de la Plata.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Eggs 3
- Cooking butter 1 small cube
- Chopped potato
- Chopped Capsicum
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped green chilli
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder (Optional)
Step 2: Cooking Steps
- Break the eggs and add half of the salt which you are going to use in the dish.
- Blend it well and keep them aside.
- Take a non stick pan and heat the butter. Keep flame to medium.
- Once heated add chopped potatoes to it and let them fry for a minute.
- Add Capiscum and chopped tomatoes.
- Let them fry for few minutes or once potato pieces start turning brown.
- Spread the vegetables on pan evenly as shown.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt.
- Once potato pieces start turning brown, add blended eggs as shown.
- Switch to high flame for a minute.
- Seprate the edges as shown.
- Spread the liquid as shown.
- Once the liquid stuff dries, cover the pan for a minute.
- Now flip the Omelette on plate by turning the pan upside down.
- If bottom is uncooked put it back to the pan and let it cook further.
- Now slide the omelette to pan with other side (uncooked) as boottom.
- Let it cook for few minutes, keep the flame on low medium.
- Now if your Omelette is bouncy as shown then it is cooked.
- After 3-4 minutes cover the pan again and let it cook for one minute.
- Now again turn the pan upside down and take the Omelette in the plate.
- If bottom needs to be cooked more, again put it back to the pan.
Step 3: Serving
- Transfer it to the serving plate.
- Garnish it by sprinkling some chilli flakes.
- Server it along with Mayonnaise/Sauce.
If you liked our Spanish Omelette then please LIKE and SHARE our VIDEO and please SUBSCRIBE to our CHANNEL.