Introduction: Delicious & Yummy Chicken Gravy - South Indian Style
Today you are going to see EXACTLY how to prepare a delicious & yummy chicken gravy in south indian style.
This is one of my favorite recipe and I am SUPER excited to share my favorite dish with you.
Let's dive right in...
Step 1: Required Ingredients
Chicken Gravy is an integral part of an Indian Meal.
Different regions have their own style and tradition of making chicken gravy.
- Chicken - 1 Kg
- Onion - 3 no's
- Almonds - 50 grams
- Groundnut Oil - 3 tsp
- Yogurt, Milk & Cow Ghee - 1 Cup
- Ginger & Garlic Paste - 1/4 Cup
- Coriander & Red Chilli - 3 to 4 Pieces
- Green Chilli - 2 to 3 Pieces
- Turmeric Powder Cumin - 1 tsp
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
Diabetic patients can use cold-pressed coconut oil instead of groundnut oil for better improvement in health.
Step 2: Prepare Home Made Masala
Let's prepare our own home-made chicken masala.
- Take a PAN & heat it for 20 seconds.
- Add almond & fry it for 20 seconds.
- Then, add coriander, red chilli, cumin and black pepper one after another.
- Then, fry it for around 1 minute until it is roasted well.
Step 3: Grind Mixture Using Jar
Put the roasted ingredients mixture into medium sized jar & grind it well.
Step 4: Prepare the Onion Grease
Take another PAN & put cow ghee and wait until it's melts properly.
Then add chopped onions, fried it until it get's brown in color.
Step 5: Turmeric Chicken Marinade
Take a chicken in a bowl.
- Now add yogurt 1/2 cup.
- Add Turmeric, Chilli Powder and salt to taste.
- Finally, Put the ginger and Garlic paste.
Mix it well and keep it for 15 minutes of rest in order to masalas getting inside to the Marinade.
Step 6: Cook the Chicken
Take a PAN.
- Add groundnut oil.
- Put the chicken, dry onions, balance yogurt and home made masala.
- Put the green chilli, salt & pour the ample amount of water.
Step 7: Cover and Boil
Lower the heat and cook covered till chicken is cooked thoroughly and is soft and tender.
Cover it for 10 minutes in order to boil well.
Step 8: Serve Hot to Your Dear Ones
Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.