Introduction: Desktop Organizer Made of Cardboard!!!
I made this project to have a permanent shelve of my things. I really don't want to see my things scatteredeverywhere, sometimes if we need that thing (ex.scissor) we're searching everywhere to find it and become mad because we don't remember where did we put that thing :D So I decided to make this project :)
This desktop organizer will minimize our messy stuffs and you will definitely like this idea because this is easy to make and you don't need to spend much money because it's only a cardboard with a mix of creative idea for decorating it :)
So that's it :) I hope you guys like this one,Thank you and God bless! :))
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare All Materials Needed!
- Cardboard tube
- Pencil/ ball pen
- Blade cutter
- Glue gun
- Glue Stick
- Poster Color
- Paint Brush
- Old reading books
Step 2: Cardboard Size!
- Get your cardboard
- the cardboard i used is already a box so each side is already to bend
the size of cardboard is attached on the picture
Step 3: Make It Round Corner!
- get the saucer and put it in the top of every corner and trace it to make a round corner
- get the scissor and cut it out
- use your glue gun to stick each side
Step 4: Placing Rectangular Part Into the Shelve!
- reverse it , as you can see there's still a gap so get a piece of cardboard and glue it there and cut the excess
- get a rectangular piece of cardboard ( wide 15 inches length 7.8 inches)
- place and glue it
Step 5: Divider and Drawer!
- get a square piece of cardboard and also trace one side of it with the saucer to have round corner ( wide: 8 inches length: 8.8 inches) put it in the shelve and mark (5 inches gap) then stick it to the shelve.
- get 2 rectangular pieces of cardboard for each side (wide: 2.5 inches length: 8 inches)
- 1 pc of rectangular of cardboard for the back (wide: 2.5 inches length: 9 inches)
- 1 pc of rectangular cardboard for the front (wide: 2.5 inches length: 10 inches)
- then glue each part ( I also cut the middle of the front of the drawer for 1 inch in a round shape for a pull and push to hold on)
Step 6: Add More Divider!
- get a piece of square of cardboard for horizontal divider ( wide: 7.8 inches length: 9.2 inches)
- mark it into the shelve and glue it there
- get 1 pc of rectangular cardboard for the front cover (wide: 2.5 inches length 9.4 inches)
- get 1 pc of rectangular cardboard for the crossly divider(wide: 3.5 inches length 9.2 inches)
- mark it into the shelve (gap: 3.5 inches) then glue it
Step 7: Add More Design!
- get a piece of square cardboard (wide and length 3.5 inches)
- get the saucer and trace it to have round corner then use a scissor for cutting it
- place and glue it in the middle of first column
- get the cardboard tube (size: 3.2 inches) make a 2 pieces
- then place and glue it in the first column right side ( this is for pen, scissor etc. holder)
Step 8: Cover, Cover and Cover!!!
- get the glue (3 table spoon) brush and cup with 3 table spoon of water. the mix
- get the old reading books and cut into rectangular pieces
- apply the glue into the shelve and cover it with the pieces of the book. do this until there's no left spaces observable (1 add this to cover the cardboard from getting a wrinkle when it gets painted)
- let it dry for at least 1 hour before painting it
Step 9: Painting!!!
get your coloring materials
- I used dark blue color because i want this to look like a galaxy :D after you painting it for the first coat let it dry for at least 30 mins then coat it again until there's no picture or words observable and let it dry for 45 mins.
- I used an old toothbrush to sprinkle white and yellow color which is look like a star
- I also used yellow color and a small paint brush for the details :)
and that's all!! I hope you guys like it and get the point though i'm not good in English :D Thank you for spending some of your time :)
Participated in the
Cardboard Contest 2016