This tube of crisps cost about $1.25 and are from a well known big snack food maker..
After eating all the potato crisps I thought, "This is way over engineered for delivering a few crisps. What else could this be ?
Step 1: Over-Engineered Potato Crisp Container
- After eating the crisps wash the container with soap and water and let dry completely.
- Cut a hole near the base using a sharp knife large enough to let dice pass through easily.
- Take the lid and place it as a ramp for the opening. You probably want to remove some of the rim of the lid so dice will not get caught.
- Roofing nails are about 1.5 inches long and have a wide head. They can pierce the plastic with just finger pressure. No tools needed. Use one to pierce the tube and the yellow lid to hold it in place.
- The next step is to add some obstacles to randomize the dice. Use as many nails as you like but not so many that dice will get caught. Just make a random pattern using all sides of the tube.
- Add a tray as a base.
- DONE! Enjoy playing your game without chasing dice all over the table.
Participated in the
Trash to Treasure Challenge