In this Instructable,You will be able To Interface Mediatek Linkit One Board using LDR and Digital Object Counter which Can Count Objects upto 9999.
Step 1: Requirements
- General Purpose PCB Board
- 4 CD 4026 Johnson Decade Counter.
- 4 Common Cathode 7 Segment Display (LT543).
- 1 BC 547 NPN Transistor.
- 1 10kΩ Potentiometer , 1 1KΩ Resistor(0.5 W) ,2 100Ω Resistor(0.5W).
- LDR (Light Dependent Resistor)
- LinkIt One Board.
- USB Cable for LinkIt One .
- 9V Battery
- Push To On Switch.
- Jumper Wires.
- 1 Rectangle Box.
Step 2: Assembly and Connections for Digital Object Counter:
- Take a General Purpose PCB Board and assemble the circuit of digital object Counter using the above circuit diagram Except the LDR.
- Solder The Components Or else U can also Etch The above Circuit using Eagle.
- Your Digital Object Counter Is Ready
- Now Interfacing LDR with LinkIt One To Get Analog Values on Serial Monitor And Use This Analog Value which Is Explained In The Next Step.
Step 3: Connection of LDR With LinkIt One
- Now Connect one teminal of LDR To Analog Pin (A0) of LinkitOne Board and The other terminal To +5V of The Board.
- Thus, Analog Values From The LDR is Obtained From the Serial Monitor Of Arduino IDE.
- When LDR is In Dark You will Get One Constant analog Value and When it is In Light U will get Another Constant Analog value.
- Now,Connect One Pin Of LDR to The Ground Terminal Of The Counter Circuit and Pin 13 Of Linkit One Goes To The Base Terminal Of NPN Transistor.
- Digital Output of Pin 13 is used as a Clock Pulse to The Digital Object Counter.
- When Light Falls On The LDR and as soon an Obstacle passes by the Counter Advances By 1.
- Congratulations, Your Digital Object Counter Interfacing LDR with LinkIt One board is Ready.
Step 4: Upload the Code,Compile and Run
Thanks for Watching this Instructable.
Hope you will have fun!!!