Introduction: Diy Laser Burner Module From Old DvD'wr.
This tutorial is about how i make my own laser diode from old dvd writer. I need such a laser burner module for my cnc engraver project such type of modules are very expensive on many websites. so i decided to make my own.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Lets Assemble Lens
- First insert the plano convex lens from an old laser pointer in to the aluminium tube in my case both fit well
- than place the paper spacer to insert the another lens (spacer ring having width of 7 mm and length of 3 round)
- then put the another convex lens to the spacer ring
Step 2: The Component
- components I needed is a dvd driver in my case it is samsung
- and a heat sink from a old motherboard
- a old laser pointer (lens)
- a super glue
Step 3: The Key Component
The key component of this project is this laser diode from old dvd writer lens module
Step 4: Putting All to Gether
- Now glue the laser diode on the heat sink as you can see in the first image
- now apply the glue and then glue the lens tube now its done
- i also soldered three wires to the diode
Step 5: Lets Test It Out
- now power it up with with 3.3v @400mA
- there are two laser diodes in in one for burning and on for reading we only need to power up the burner
- wear some safety goggles to protect your eyes.
- and it is quite powerful
- If you Like my project please vote and subscribe my youtube channel
Participated in the
Trash to Treasure