Introduction: Doctor Who Bow Necklace
Yup I like Doctor Who, is anyone shocked? My first Doctor was Christopher Eccleston and although he will always have a special place in my heart my favorite Doctor is Matt Smith. I just loved his quirkiness, and I really liked the relationship between him and Rory and Amy. Therefore this week I decided to make a necklace to honor my favorite doctor. As you can see I could in theory do a decent gender swapped cosplay of him.
This necklace design is very simple to make and requires few materials. For those reason I have found them rather addictive, I made three in 2 hours... And currently due to the variety of ribbon available at the craft store there is a part of me that wonders if I could make one to go with every outfit...
My favorite is the one in honor of Doctor Who personally, but the black one with the silver chain has a really nice effect with a fancy blouse.
1. Needle and Thread, the color of the thread doesn't matter as it will not visible
2. 1.5" inch ribbon, at least 25 inches of it. 19 for the bow and 6 for the middle.
3. Chain that goes with your ribbon. I chose gunmetal to go with the dark red and silver to go with the black personally.
4. Clasps, I'm a big fan of the magnetic ones
5. Two jump rings or some wire and a pen
6. Wire Cutters
Step 2: Follow the Video!
See what I mean about how quick it is? Don't be surprised if you end up making more than one.
I hope you enjoyed this instructable, and I would love to see your versions of the necklace if you choose to make it.
The first 3 people who share their versions below will get 3 months of PRO membership! 1/3 PRO memberships are still available!
1 Person Made This Project!
- 1st_Balrog made it!