Introduction: Doggone Good Smoothie
The summertime here in Florida is too hot to leave man's best friend without a treat! You can make this delicious and nutritious smoothie for your dog and know that you are giving him a healthy and chilly treat on any hot day. This smoothie freezes beautifully in ice trays for easy snacks. You can easily add your dogs favorite flavors. The initial serving should be 1/4 cup because it is high in roughage.
* 1 cup kefir - low-fat, plain, organic is best Kefir is a cultured product with amazing health attributes. It contains several major strains of friendly bacteria not commonly found in yogurt, substitute yogurt if you do not have Kefir.
* 4 - 5 baby carrot's - A great low calorie source of fiber, vitamins and minerals
* 1 - 2 tbsp. canned pumpkin - pumpkin can help their digestive system, it's packed with fiber and vitamins.
*1/2 of a banana - adds sweetness and fiber, a good source of potassium.
*1 tsp. brewer's (or nutritional) yeast - brewer's yeast is a great source of B vitamins such as biotin, trace minerals such as zinc, proteins, and amino acids. Amino acids and vitamins help make your dog's skin healthier and its coat shinier.
Second, brewer's yeast is often recommended by holistic vets to help strengthen dogs' immune systems. Brewer's yeast is also a common natural remedy for dogs with fleas
* 1/2 tsp safflower oil Omega - 3 fatty acids for skin & coat (Smart Balance is very high in omega's)
* 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses - Molasses provides a sweetener that is safe, and has several naturally available minerals. It has been used to help remedy many health conditions. It is high iron content, magnesium, along with calcium.
* 2 tbsp of organic peanut butter Peanut butter is fairly high in protein and also contains vitamins E, K and B3, also known as niacin. Peanut butter also contains the beneficial minerals iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and calcium as well as modest amounts of dietary fiber. You may omit if your dog is portly.
Other fruit as desired - like, apple slices, orange slices, pineapple slices, spinach,
check what foods are safe for your pups and if your dog has ANY allergies check with your Vet first.
You can make your dog's meal more yummy with 1 thawed cube per day. Enjoy!
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
Gather all your ingredients for your doggone good smoothie:
Kefir or yogurt
Step 2: Place Into Blender
Place all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
Step 3: Serve
Pour the smoothie into a bowl or make smoothie cubes for your doggone good dog.
Participated in the