Intro: Dollar Store Frame Makeovers
Turn flimsy dollar store frames into exciting wall decor with cardboard and a simple wax resist technique!
Step 1: Watch the Short Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint
Dollar Store Frames
Step 3: Here's How
1. Cut a wide cardboard mat that fits inside the frame
*Use the frame's cardboard as a pattern
2. Cut long 1/4" wide strips of cardboard
3. Create your design on the mat, making sure that you leave about 1/4" around the edges
4. Glue the strips to the mat and then glue the mat inside the frame
5. Paint base color of chalky finish *This color will peek through the main color
6. Rub household wax on the painted frame when it's dry
7. Paint the frame with the final color of Americana Decor Chalky Finish
8. When dry, lightly sand the areas where you waxed to expose the first color *This will give it an aged, vintage look