Sometimes it is just good to have the pins in one easy to reach place
and not having to worry about spilling them all over the floor. This is way I wanted to make this video for you all.
Have fun and craft on!
- Dollar store frame
- Vinyl with sticky back *Contact paper will work as well.
- Cutting tool
- Fiber Batting
- Glue gun *optional
Step 1: Template
- Taking the picture frame and a piece of paper to trace out the frame. If needed use a ruler to make sure the lines are straight.
- Measure the frame to see how thick the vinyl needs to be and mark that on the template.
- Add an extra half inch or more to the outside border, to use to wrap over the edge and onto the back.
- Cut out the template and make sure to keep the lines as straight as possible.
Step 2: Cutting Vinyl
- Place template over piece of vinyl, use tape if needed.
- Cut all sides and inner whole out using cutting tool and a ruler. This will insure your line will be straight.
Step 3: Placing Vinyl
- Remove backing from one corner of vinyl. Then line it up on the frame, making sure it stays straight.
- Smooth the vinyl out using fingers.
- Cut small slits at each corner before folding over the edge. Then smooth the vinyl into the back of the frame.
Step 4: Cutting Batting
- Batting is usually pretty thin, so folding it a few times will make it easier to get the thickness needed. Pillow stuffing can be used as well, but maybe more difficult to work with.
- Fold a strip in half and use the frame to measure how wide it needs to be. Trim off any extra.
- Fold two or three more times, the short way, to make it fits in the whole of the frame a is to the right thickness.
Step 5: Finishing Pin Cushion
- Flip the frame so that the back is facing up. Place the fabric face down over the frame. If needed center the fabric.
- Place the folded batting in the center. If the backing is not thick enough place the glass down then place the backing over that.
- Hold in place while pushing prongs into place.
- If using glue, tact the fabric to the backing.
- Cut away any extra fabric and not it is ready to use.